Designed for a wide range of users, this statistics calculator has large colorful buttons, optional high contrast, full VoiceOver support, and unique to this statistics calculator; the option to hear numbers spoken in natural voice. This is a great companion to the Talking Scientific Calculator which has become a favorite among adults and high school students around the world.
- Can read entered numbers and statistic calculations aloud.
1,234.56 is spoken as "One thousand, two hundred thirty-four point five six."
- Built in recording studio and script. Requires only 5 minutes to record a new voice.
- Allows users to enter and edit lists of numeric values in Data entry mode, and then switch to Statistics display mode to examine the statistics calculated from the entered values.
- The entire app is accessible to VoiceOver users. As you move your finger over the screen, the names of buttons are spoken to you. Double-tap to activate the selected button (or single tap with a second finger.)
- Hardware keyboards are supported for faster numeric entry.
- Numeric formatting of results: Max fraction digits (default), fixed fraction digits (useful for currency calculations), and max significant digits (useful for science and engineering lab work), plus international formatting.
- Number formatting is configurable, with international numeric formats and control over the number of decimal fraction digits or the number of significant digits.
- Each statistic can be displayed, hidden or reordered to suit your needs.
The list of statistics includes:
Total Of Squares,
Root Mean Square,
Unbiased Sample Variance,
Population Standard Deviation,
Sample Standard Deviation.
Customizable for each level of vision:
Normal to low vision: Large, clear buttons with optional speech.
Low vision: High contrast display mode, with optional speech.
No vision / blind: VoiceOver reads the button names before they are activated, plus numeric data and statistic calculation results.
Users familiar with VoiceOver s reading of numbers will know that VoiceOver will pronounce numbers correctly only if they are 5-digits in length or less. So VoiceOver will read 10000 as ten thousand , but 100000 as one zero zero zero zero zero. So this calculator offers an enhanced VoiceOver mode, which converts numbers to phonetic text for VoiceOver to pronounce more naturally. In enhanced mode, 100000 is pronounced as one hundred thousand.
Why record new voices?
Having your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch talk with your own voice, or that of a friend or tutor will make the calculator sound more natural to you. The calculator will speak with the accent you are used to hearing.
How good is the sound quality of recorded voices?
Excellent: The microphone in your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch is of very good quality, and this calculator performs digital signal processing to ensure the audio level is consistent across all recorded words.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Talking Statistics Calculator is a free trial software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-04-09. The program can be installed on iOS.
Talking Statistics Calculator (version 2.1) has a file size of 33.03 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.